Tuesday, July 3, 2007

It's all so exciting!

It's just a few more weeks until we move into the new apartment and I really can't wait. The new place is located in a much better area, one that's actually quiet! I am looking forward to decorating it and creating many meals in my brand new kitchen! Not that the kitchen is anything to boast about, but it's one I never cooked in before! I can't wait to baptize it!

But that's not all I'm looking forward to! Jose got his LSAT results back this week and he scored in the 98th percentile!!! That deserves more than just one exclamation point, not only because it's a great score, but also because it means we'll more than likely be moving to the East Coast, where there are actually seasons! I'm looking forward to seeing the leaves change color around Autumn, and building snowmen during the winter! Oh, and did I mention they have some of the best culinary art schools on that side of the US?! Back when I was applying to college, I was hoping to submit an application to one of the art schools around the New York area. But my parents were against the idea, they didn't want me so far away, and they were afraid I might change my mind about being a designer...they were right. I ended up studying English, as you readers know...but my interest in the arts has never waned, as quite a few entries in this blog suggest. I make cards, I'm starting to make jewelry, I'm determined to learn how to use a sewing machine because I dream of the day when I can make all my own clothes, since shopping annoys me...What else? My middle finger on my right hand is crooked from all those years of writing hundreds of usually overly-dramatic, far from laureate worthy poems, and as for these days? Well, now anyone can spot me gallivanting around the kitchen with oil spots on my shirt (cheesy pun intended) either from baking a fairly edible frosted cake or an experimental concoction involving some mix of meat and vegetables that my guinea pigs would probably not eat, though my fiance ever-so-lovingly consumes with a smile on his face, followed by a quiet, closed-mouth, indigestion-produced burp disguised as a nod of approval. Well, it really isn't that bad, unless I decide to turn the kitchen into a toxic chemistry lab, but that only happens on rare occasions. That is precisely the reason why culinary art school is for me, think of how many lives will be saved !

You know, my cooking really isn't all that bad, but I like to pretend it is...just in case someone does get repulsed by something my weird taste buds find appetizing. At least if I go to culinary art school, preferably one on the East Coast, I can use it as a sort of insurance plan, or a claim to the yummy legitimacy of my kitchen creations...if Alton Brown went to the Culinary Institute of America and I did too, then obviously I can't be that bad of a cook and, really, it's just that your taste buds are uneducated! Well, maybe that doesn't sound as good as I thought it would, seeing that individual taste buds don't have brains, but you know what I mean!

(HAHA! I literally had to run off to the kitchen in the middle of this entry because I burned the potatoes and carrots that I was steaming/boiling for a pot roast I made for dinner...Note To Self: DO NOT write and cook at the same time! Two forms of expression occurring simultaneously=not good! Ah, but at least I was able to make up for it by making a mean, tasty gravy, no recipe required here, man! Oh and as for the potatoes and carrots, I was able to separate the good from the bad and discard the latter...it's my goal to never waste, but sometimes that is a challenge, my friend.)

Alright, back on topic. So, as the blog title claims...it's all so exciting! Whether I'm burning veggies in the kitchen while contemplating a blessed life as a future chef and soon-to-be wife of an LSAT genius/future attorney...or posting a new blog entry about it all, there's never a dull moment around here. Life's been tough, and even though I often thought the grass was greener on the other side, it turns out that the weedy dandelions on my side of the fence have definitely been faithful in granting wishes. Always be thankful, that's what I've learned.

No comments: