Friday, March 16, 2007

Nature is the best medicine :)

Well, it looks like I finally have a diagnosis! Apparently, it's my gallbladder that's causing all the stomach pain, forcing me to stay home. Still, I can't help but be kind of fascinated at how this one little greenish looking organ can have such a great impact on how I spend my days. Anyway, today I decided to get out of the house with my lover. We had a great time at this new spot we found, it's called Mayfield Park. Sometimes all someone needs to feel a tad bit better is a good dose of sunshine, it usually works for me. It was such a pretty day today! The weather was definitely what I'd consider perfect. I love just walking around outside, but here in Texas, it's usually too hot or even too cold, at least in my opinion. I guess I am somewhat spoiled, considering I spent most of my childhood/teen years in California. But then there are spots like these scattered throughout Texas that temporarily cure my homesickness after just one visit. Of course, I brought my camera, and I'm glad I did, because I noticed this one leaf that I had to take a picture of. I'm sure that sounds ridiculous, and I don't think it would've been right for me to take it out of its element. Funny thing is, the reason why I noticed it is precisely because it stood out like a sore thumb! It looked like it really didn't belong with all those other leaves that were randomly scattered around it...I could relate. Yes, sometimes I feel like this little leaf.

No comments: