Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Update time

These past few weeks have been busy. Jose took the LSAT a little over a week ago, and we find out his score probably some time late next week! He studied so hard for that exam, I'm sure he did well. We've both been getting ready to move to our new apartment. We've found some pretty great buys as far as furniture goes, just checking out estate sales and thrift stores. Our humble abode will definitely have that homey/eclectic look to it. I'm also thinking about fixing up a couple of the items we purchased, it's on my "to do" list for the summer; I've always wanted to do that sort of thing.

It seems like so many things are happening at once! We went to Houston this weekend to celebrate Jose's birthday with his family, and we recently added another guinea pig to our own little growing family! We decided to name the little guy Yoshi, it seems to go well with Mochi. Sadly, it seems the two aren't getting along very well, they're both feisty dominating males eager to fight over their "territory" (or their side of the cage). We're hoping they eventually become friends, seeing that guinea pigs tend to get along better in pairs...but it could just be that their personalities don't mix.

It's been awhile since I've updated. As of late, I've been thinking more about how it seems time is going by faster, especially as I get older...and, boy, do I feel old. I'll be getting married soon...I AM OLD! But, of course, no big wedding. With law school coming up, undergrad debts/medical bills to pay off, and general living expenses to worry about, there isn't much change to spare for much else, but I don't mind one bit. Jose and I both agree that it's better to have a "traditional" wedding once he's out of law school and we're financially well-off. For now, we're keeping it small and simple, uncomplicated but definitely still meaningful.

In other news, I'm still trying to figure out why my gut has been acting up ever since my gallbladder was removed (it's so annoying!), but thank God I'm able to get out a tad bit more than before. Even though things have been kind of rough financially over the past few months, things seem to be falling into place without falling apart!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

When will the small wedding be? Best of luck and hope you feel better soon!

Sophie said...

Thanks! It will most likely be in late July, but the exact date still isn't set :).