Thursday, September 6, 2007

THE best chocolate chip cookies & they're LOWFAT!

I've made so many chocolate chip cookies, always hoping that the next batch will come out just right. How do I like chocolate chip cookies? With just the right amount of chocolate chips, crispy edges and a chewy/soft center that doesn't taste raw! I found a pretty good recipe, but it was wayyy too buttery. I literally had butter/grease all over my fingers after munching on a few, so I knew I had to do something...and I did. I reduced the amount of butter by over 1/3 of a cup! I also added a bit more flour, a tiny bit of water to add that crunch, a little more brown sugar, along with a little less chocolate chips...oh yeah, and baking powder instead of soda.

Deceivingly Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies
(I swear, they actually taste better without the extra butter!)

1 1/3 cup flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 TSP vanilla extract
1/2 TSP baking powder
1/2 TSP salt
2 TSP hot water
2 1/2 TBSP butter
1/3 cup chocolate chips

Mix all the ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl; if you use about 1 TBSP worth of cookie dough for each cookie, then bake them for about 11 minutes on 375, you'll get a good-sized baker's dozen...and happy taste buds!

No comments: