Saturday, August 25, 2007

Farmers Market Fun

Jose and I went to the Sunset Valley Farmers Market today, it was sooo hot outside though! It was fun going to see what all the local farmers/business folk were selling, even if some things were a little on the pricy side, like Jose's $3.00 chai tea...but we did pick up some worthwhile items that will definitely serve as lively ingredients in a few of this week's dinners. There were so many different herbs to choose from; I decided to buy a little bit of basil, sage, and oregano. I also came across a farmer who was selling these tiny garlics with a very powerful, almost sweet scent. In spite of their little size, their smell was a lot more potent than that of the much larger garlic cloves I normally buy at the grocery store. I can't wait to use them, even the herbs. I notice a significant difference in taste when using fresh as opposed to dry herbs, and I hope to eventually start my own herb garden, but that probably won't be for awhile. For now, I'm happy with the occasional visit to the farmers market, and here are a few pictures from this weekend's herb-buying-and-spotted-pig-spotting adventure :


These are some of the things I bought. I love the fresh flowers in a can idea, it's cheap and a cute paradox. Oh yeah, that may look like a munchkin bell pepper, but, apparently, it's a cross between a chili and red bell...I think jalapeƱo? Can't remember. And those are the mini garlics with a loud bark (click on the pic for a better look).


I love these flowers:


my new spotted friend without fur, the spots are my fav:

No comments: