Sunday, April 1, 2007

Mmm Mmm Saltines and 7up anyone?

Ah! It's so wonderful to be back home! You know what physical feeling I hate almost more than any other? I mean, I feel like I can tolerate pain pretty well, but my real weakness is nausea! Ugh, I had this horrible stomach flu this weekend; it shot my white blood cell count through the roof and sent my appetite and dinner down the drain (lovely image, ha!)!

I started feeling sick on Friday around 2 AM, and I went to the doctor later that day. The doc took some tests, saw how high my white blood count was and then told me to go to ER. When I told her my gallbladder was gonna be removed in a few weeks, she thought I could have pancreatitis, which is a really bad thing that can happen to people if they leave their poorly functioning gallbladders in their bodies for too long. So, of course, when Jose and I heard this we freaked out, especially when the doc told us that I would have to stay in the hospital and not eat for two weeks if I did, in fact, have this awful pancreatitis thing. I only ended up spending the weekend in the hospital being poked and prodded, in addition to getting way too high off of the narcotics they gave me. Oh but believe me, my life is exciting enough, so I definitely don't need drugs, thank you very much! The good news is, my pancreas is healthy and happy! Fabulous! And although I'm personally quite happy to be out of the hospital, I'm still trying to get healthy!

Man, times like these make me the most grateful that I don't have an illness that requires me to stay in a hospital 24/7. I am not a very patient patient! I think God knows I'm not strong enough to handle that sort of thing, I guess that's why I haven't been placed me in that kind of situation. But believe me, I do wonder sometimes, it's been pretty tough these past couple of months! One thing I know for sure is that aside from all the health drama, I am very blessed. Jose has been so supportive and helpful. I don't think they would've let me leave the hospital today if it wasn't for him being there the whole time; it's amazing how love really does work better than any painkiller.

Anyway, I actually can't wait for the surgery! I had to reschedule the initial date, sadly, but now, in 18 more days, I should be feeling a whole lot better and I can't wait! Goodbye green gooey gallbladder!

No comments: