Friday, April 20, 2007

Venting

Thank God the surgery was a success, but I can't say that it doesn't hurt like crazy...I currently have absolutely zero pain medications in my system, even though I just got out of surgery less than 24 hours ago...why? Because they make me feel so sick, and puking while having stitches on your stomach isn't exactly pleasant...I have never been in this much pain, it hurts so bad that I can't even talk in a normal voice, or even take a breath without feeling like my stomach is being ripped apart. I do have to say one thing, though, I am so thankful that I live in a country where this kind of procedure is easy to do, and that I don't have to be put on a wait-list before I can see a surgeon. I think that's the only thing helping with the pain, I have to keep telling myself that even though it hurts like crazy, at least I was able to have it done...if I would've waited too long, I could've ended up with liver damage, which would've been a lot worse.

As I type this on my laptop, I'm lying down in bed in a very awkward position. Haha! It's funny how I have to situate myself in certain positions in order to sleep, move, etc., I keep telling myself that in just a matter of days, the pain will mostly be gone and I'll be able to get out of bed and gallivant around again. I can't wait! Honestly, though, I expected the pain to be much worse, and thank God it isn't!

No comments: