Saturday, May 19, 2007

Not venting, just being honest.

Lately it seems things have taken a turn for the worst. Other than the usual post-operative pain, I was doing great the first few weeks following my gallbladder surgery. I was able to eat "normal" again, and not feel like a geriatric 22 year old. Sadly, that's no longer the case. I've progressively become more sick these past couple of weeks. I haven't left my apartment in days, and I can't eat much either. It's incredibly frustrating because I was hoping to return to my normal life after getting my dysfunctional gallbladder removed. Now, after I eat, even though I might've been hungry beforehand, I end up feeling like I'm being punished by my own body afterward, with stomach pains that don't subside, bloating that leaves me feeling like a blimp, and nausea that lingers like bad breath after eating too much garlic.

I'm hoping this will eventually go away! I've heard some people experience digestive problems for only a few months following a gallbladder removal. I pray that I'm in that category; I've also heard that others suffer from chronic pain, though, having to stay close to a bathroom at all times and eat completely bland food while still feeling sick for the rest of their lives. Right now I feel like I have a perpetual stomach virus; it's very discouraging. I'm trying to remain hopeful, but when I'm surrounded by other college kids my age, and I see how healthy their bodies are, I can't help but get sad because I know I'm not one of them.

No comments: