Wednesday, May 9, 2007

I'll miss hearing that Carole King theme song...

I have to admit, I am more than just a tiny bit blue that next Tuesday night will be the final evening I'll get to take a trip, via my TV of course, to Star's Hollow. Ever since the first episode aired early on in my high school years, I was guaranteed more than just meager entertainment for one quickly passing hour per week; even then I wanted to see more! Lorelai and Rory's witty banter made the show; the cozy little house they lived in, along with the bed and breakfast Lorelai came to own many episodes into the show were just a few of the added treats that represented what the Gilmore Girls were all about: Total fun and unparalleled originality. And...who wouldn't want to live in a town like the magically fantastic and uncommercialized Star's Hollow? It was simple but cute; left uncorrupted by the usually dominating and artificial pop culture; not to mention, it was nothing like the small towns I've previously resided in.

Really, I can go on and on as to why I have been a dedicated fan of this charming and engaging show; before I say anything else, though, I have to mention how I had never (ever!) before watched a TV series from beginning to end until the Gilmore Girls came along. I have yet to find another show that I find as addicting. I don't really feel I'm all that picky, really, it seems I'm looking for simplicity. I don't want exaggerated and unbelievable drama, or even another silly reality TV show that fallaciously claims to be true to life. Acting should be like putting on make-up, just provide enough emotion to creatively enhance the entertainment experience; a little goes a long way.

No comments: